Nutrition for pancreatic disease in women and men requires selectivity and approach. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a sparse diet. The fifth table is an ideal method for treating and restoring lost organ functions. Modern medicine is represented by a complex of therapeutic, diagnostic, preventive and other areas, knowledge and theory, whose main purpose is not only therapy but also the prevention of many diseases known to mankind.
Pancreas and stomach diet: features
People who have ever encountered complex treatment of inflammation in the acute and / or chronic stages know that their doctor prescribes a specific diet. Particularly often used pancreatic diet No. 5, which is the most gentle and acceptable for pathologies of the digestive tract. The main task of the diet is to spare the liver as much as possible with a full healthy diet and normalization of the system with bile outflow from the body. Medicine considers the fifth table to be the most chemically loyal nutritious food.
The fifth pancreatic diet is not only a specific set of acceptable foods to use, but also recommended cooking methods that are best for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes in the liver parenchyma and liver ducts.
- Developed liver cirrhosis in the absence of acute disruption of physiological processes.
- Dysfunctions of the bile duct and various diseases of the gallbladder.
- Acute, chronic cholecystitis during treatment and rehabilitation.
- Obstruction of the intestines occurring on the background of the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what you can eat or not, how to cook so that the dishes are not only healthy but also tasty, aesthetic and appetizing.
Pancreatic Diet: What Can You Eat?
First of all, you need to clearly define the set of products that fill the diet basket. It is important to carefully compile the menu for the week taking into account all factors and observing variation.
The general characteristics of the diet are as follows:
- The level of protein and carbohydrate balance is within normal limits. Reducing the fat content of the menu.
- Heat treatment involves boiling and baking, sometimes sewing is allowed. Vegetables are rubbed and meat is crushed.
- The fifth diet table is characterized by temperature norms, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
The dietitian removes from the menu the category of bloated foods that contain coarse fiber elements rich in extracts that stimulate secretory functions. Recipes allow you to spread the table on one condition - it is imperative to reduce the salt content, and you should not use hot and spicy spices at all.
What You Can Eat With Pancreatic Disease: Rules
All rules must be followed carefully and your dishes will be healthy and tasty:
- Light vegetable soup, low-fat meat and poultry, lightly dried rye bread, dairy products and baked omelettes with vegetables, lettuce, cereals and fruit desserts prepared according to technology provide a wide range of options to create a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis and other comorbidities of the digestive system.
- In addition to the special features of cooking and the necessary food set, it is very important to adhere to a loyal lifestyle.
- It is necessary to distribute meals up to six times during the day to minimize physical activity for adults and children they need to offer calmer games and activities.
- For adults and children it is necessary to maintain rest after eating. An afternoon nap is recommended to improve digestion.
Pancreatic diet: menu of the week
Despite the rather severe limitations, the fifth type of diet food is healthy, effective and has a natural taste. For beginners, several standard daily menus can be offered as a base. A diet with a diseased pancreas requires extraordinary discipline and adherence to a temporary regimen of food intake, which is breakfast, lunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
Diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina porridge and tea.
- An apple and a handful of dried fruit.
- Light vegetable soup, lean meat roll, drink or compote.
- Rosehip drink with homemade breadcrumbs.
- Sugar beets and tea with cookies.
Second menu, fifth diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, oatmeal cooked in water and tea.
- Baked apple with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, boiled chicken with rice and milk sauce. Compote.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- A piece of boiled fish in a white sauce with vegetables. Garnish - Mashed potatoes, herbal tea with cottage cheese baked goods.
- A glass of low-fat fermented milk product overnight.
The second option is especially acceptable when acute cholecystitis is diagnosed, the disease will require a principled attitude, discipline and responsible adherence to all recommendations. The diet table is an integral part of the treatment during the period of rehabilitation and recovery after removal of the gallbladder. In strict adherence, complete healing will be rapid, a good general condition generally established by the attending physician and the patient himself.
pancreas: diet, recipes
The diet table is characterized by a number of different techniques, and with a little imagination, the patient can quickly appreciate the delicacies on the menu. It is not only the list of foods, but the use and combination of treatment techniques that make this diet widely popular for a variety of purposes. Originally, the complex developed by the doctor was considered a purely therapeutic diet. Today, it is a wonderful tool for those people who want to cope with excess pounds.
- Vegetable soup is prepared in 1 liter of vegetable broth with the addition of cereals - rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. The dressing, which contains 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots, flour, is dried in a dry frying pan.
- Vegetarian pickle, borscht or light cabbage soup, prepared on the basis of 1-1, 5 liters of potato broth, cabbage, dressing from baked in a pan, chopped small onions, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, bring a substantialvariation to the approximate menu.
- 0, 5 - 0, 8 kg lean chicken or turkey, beef, young lean lamb, rabbit, minced or whole piece, boiled in 1, 5 liters of water, lightly salted and then baked for 25 - 30 minutes.
- 0, 5 kg pulp of low-fat varieties of sea fish, ground or processed into carcase, lightly salted and also cooked for 20 minutes. or bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Patients who have been diagnosed with gastroduodenitis - inflammation of the mucous membranes of the pyloric and duodenum should eat only dried rye bread, biscuits and dry lean biscuits.
Non-acidic raw, cooked or baked berries and fruits are recommended. Shown are dried fruits, apples baked with honey, the use of compotes, jellies, jellies, mice, in which sugar is partially replaced. Used xylitol or its analogous sorbitol.
Pancreatic Disease: Acute Pancreatitis
Treatment of an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day life-saving fast. During this period, it is only allowed to drink lightly concentrated decoction, weakly brewed tea without sugar and water, including mineral water. Food is delivered primarily through droppers.
After three days from the time of the attack, the gradual introduction of products begins. Carbohydrate-enriched foods are served in liquid form. It is forbidden to add salt and spices to it. Meals are mandatory fraction, that is, from 5 to 7 meals during the day.
The list of beverages is extended to fruit drinks, cranberries and cranberries, decoction of rose hips and blackcurrants, freshly squeezed fruit juices diluted with water are particularly popular. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters a day, excluding soups.
From the fifth day, the nutrition for the pancreas is made more caloric, approx. 700 calories, of which 15 grams are proteins (vegetables and milk) and 180 grams are carbohydrates. Fat falls under the absolute taboo.
One week after the attack, the pancreatic disease diet rises to 1, 000 calories with a mandatory standard of 50 grams of protein, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Pancreatic diet: menu for the day
An approximate menu for pancreatitis for the day looks like this:
- First breakfastcan be represented as porridge on water from rice or semolina. Fresh apple, pureed. Tea with a little sugar.
- For lunchit is recommended to serve mashed carrots or potatoes. You can add approx. 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties) for it. Then you can drink a sweetened rosehip decoction.
- Lunchmust necessarily include the so-called vegetarian broth, ie. made on vegetables without the addition of meat (125 ml). A small mashed potato with boiled beef or lean fish is served separately. It is also advisable to eat a pureed apple in this meal.
- For an afternoon snacknutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat and tea.
- For dinnerbuckwheat, boiled to a viscous consistency and tea, where you can add up to 1 tbsp. l. natural honey.
- Drink 1 glass of 250 ml of yoghurt before going to bed.
After two weeks from the attack, the protein content increases to 60 grams, fat to 20 grams and carbohydrates to 300 grams. Salt also remains forbidden and unwanted. The preferred consistency of food is pureed. The portions are small and regular at roughly equal intervals.
After twenty days, the rate of protein, fat and carbohydrates increases again and is now 100, 40 and 450 grams respectively. The food is sparse. Products that have the property of irritating the mucous membrane and a stimulating effect on the production of gastric juice are not permitted for consumption, as this may be the cause of flatulence.
What to eat when your pancreas hurts: recommended meals
For greater clarity, we list the dishes that make up the diet of patients with inflamed pancreas. And even though at first glance it seems that the food is strict, ripe and modest, in reality it can not only be tasty but also varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and pureed vegetables;
- Slimy rice soup;
- Mashed potato soup;
- Pure oatmeal soup;
- Grainy soup in grated rice cooked in milk;
- Hercules soup with milk;
- Pearl barley soup.
Second, recipes like:
- Cooked lean meat as a stroganoff of beef;
- Beef soufflé;
- Meat puree;
- Steamed meat loaf;
- Steamed meatballs from lean meats
- Boiled beef with an exquisite white sauce;
- Soufflé with steamed fish;
- Steamed fish chops or dumplings
- Dampet cottage cheese soufflé;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- Steamed protein omelet;
- Courgette or carrot soufflé;
- Buckwheat porridge with viscous consistency;
- Porridge made from mashed oatmeal in milk;
- Vermicelli boiled in milk;
- Oven casserole with cottage cheese and noodles;
- Vermicelli pudding with meat.
Beverages are represented by decoction of berries and especially rose hips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly made juice diluted with water, weakly brewed tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking fermented milk products before bedtime, such as yogurt or low-fat kefir, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: juice from carrots or pumpkins, brewed or fresh prunes, etc.
Buns, fatty and fried foods, smoked meat, broth from meat or fish, marinated products are still prohibited. Those who have a high percentage of fat are excluded, including especially cream and sour cream. Radishes, onions, radishes and garlic, which are famous for their sharp smell and bright taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
By adhering to this diet for six months after suffering from acute inflammation of the pancreas, one can expect a significant restoration of organ function. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of recovery. Any deviation from the doctor's prescription can result in new attacks and a sharp deterioration in health. It is worth spending a little of the forbidden and all the previous efforts will come to naught.
Pancreatic Diet 5: Chronic Pancreatitis
In older women, the question often arises whether hormonal drugs can be taken and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. According to doctors, there are no contraindications violations in the digestive system, which means that the drug will not have an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of a diet for chronic pancreatitis are an increase in the amount of protein consumed in food, while reducing the amount of fat, sugar and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods fortified with coarse fiber and essential oils remain banned. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still fractional, there are five to six meals a day, the portions are small.
Diet for pancreatic pain: menu for the day
- For the first breakfast, they eat a little boiled low-fat meat, milk porridge and weakly brewed tea, preferably without sugar.
- Second breakfast can be steamed egg white omelette and rosehip decoction. It is allowed to sweeten it a little with honey or sugar, but do not get carried away with it.
- For lunch it is advisable to eat soup cooked in vegetable broth with the addition of chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, etc. ). Cooked meat can be used to make, for example, beef stroganoff, served with a little mashed potatoes. Homemade compote made from chopped dried fruits to complete the meal.
- Milky and calcium-enriched cottage cheese is an excellent snack for those with chronic pancreatitis.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend carrot puree with boiled low-fat fish and milky.
- Before going to bed, a glass of fermented milk products, such as kefir, is a must.
Diet for Pancreatic Disease: Recommendations and Products
Among the soups that are allowed for chronic pancreatitis is the so-called vegetarian, ie. cooked without the participation of meat or fish, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, courgette, potatoes, carrots. It is allowed to add grains (oatmeal, buckwheat or semolina) and noodles.
Lean poultry and meat include rabbit, turkey, veal and beef. It is imperative to first cleanse the skin of the game and the meat of fat and tendons, which will make the meat fat. It is allowed to cook meat or steam it. It is chopped into pieces and rubbed to make soufflé, mashed potatoes, chops or dumplings. Lean fish can be cooked to pieces.
Fermented milk products are selected according to the low fat criterion. Allowed non-sour fresh cottage cheese, pudding baked in an oven or slow cooker, sour milk beverages such as yogurt or kefir. But cream and sour cream are pretty fatty, so they can only be added to dishes but not ingested finished. If your doctor approves of the presence of cheese in your diet, choose one with less fat and no spices.
When it comes to eggs, egg yolks are still gentle. Their daily norm does not exceed half a boiled egg yolk and then only as a component of any dish. But the proteins from a few eggs will make an excellent omelet, which will be useful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among grains, chopped porridge with a semi-viscous consistency is preferred: buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal and rice, which are poured with milk and water in a ratio of 1: 1 during cooking. You can also make delicious puddings or stews from cereals. Addition of vermicelli and pasta is allowed.
Drinks for sustained remission include weakly brewed tea with a slice of lemon and a little sugar. A little milk can be added if desired. Juices are only allowed at home as they are free of the inherent preservatives, flavors and additives that are in the store. Freshly squeezed juice is diluted with water to reduce the acidity. It is not recommended to add sugar. When cooking compotes, rub berries, fruits and dried fruits.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruit. Fruits and berries should be ripe and soft to the touch and not taste sour.
Despite the fact that chronic inflammation compared to the diet for acute pancreatitis is famous for a large selection of acceptable foods, rich meat and fish fluids are prohibited. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks should not be included in the diet. Sausages, hot dogs, legumes, canned food - all this is also taboo. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radishes, turnips, cucumbers and rutabaker remain on the sidelines despite the established remission. Soda, muffins, hard cheeses, unpainted fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, pepper and mustard are added to the banned list.
In general, the fifth diet table is considered the most gentle for patients with digestive disorders. The easy cooking and the range of permitted products make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologist patients but also for anyone who wants to lose weight.